Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Childhood Fav-O-rite

This tasty OJ treat is one of my Favorite Childhood memories! Every time my Mom would take me to the Mall we always had to stop at "Orange Julius" so I could get an Orange Smoothie. 
Last night my parents had us, my grandmother and my in-laws over for dinner and I decided to make us all a reminiscent tasty treat. For some reason we always have oranges around the holidays so I thought this would be a perfect recipe to make for this time of year.


I found this recipe here at Sweet Treats & More:


Orange Julius Smoothie
serves 2-3  

1/2 cup low-fat or skim milk
1/2 cup cold water
2 tbs sugar or sugar substitute
1 tsp vanilla extract
4-5 ice cubes
6 oz frozen orange juice concentrate (I cut a 12 oz can of frozen orange juice in half and save the other half for your next smoothie)

Place everything in a blender and blend for several minutes until smooth and frothy.  



(photos via, via)


Hope you enjoy these as much as we did!


No comments:

Post a Comment